Good day, America. Here’s some refreshing good news:
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services is in chaos after 2,300 social workers quit. One of the reasons some have left is they refuse to investigate trans kids and their families. They won’t take kids away from parents who love them.
The city of Philadelphia issued an apology for performing medical experiments on Black inmates during the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
Georgia celebrates PRIDE in October instead of June. This weekend, for the first time in its history, both senators participated in the parade, together.
Sean Hannity played a tape of a private call between Joe Biden and his son Hunter in 2018. “It’s Dad. I called to tell you I love you. I love you more than the whole world, pal. You gotta get some help. I don’t know what to do, I know you don’t either.” Hannity did it to show Biden as weak and it backfired. This is the call that Eric and Junior have always wanted and know they’ll never get.
Ohio needs 7,000 workers to build new projects for the Biden Infrastructure plan. They must be union workers so the pay and benefits will be really good which is great for families and the local economy.
Merrick Garland took down domestic terrorists Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber, and the Atlanta bomber. All of the domestic terrorists who have gone to trial for attacking the Capitol have been convicted. Garland has a 100% conviction rate. Keep that in mind when people freak out about the bad guys not getting justice. It’s coming. The wheels of justice grind slow in Garland’s DOJ but they grind to a fine powder.
Greg Abbott was a no-show at the debate last night in Texas. He’s scared of Beto. At a campaign event a few weeks ago, Beto got heckled by somebody when he started talking about school shootings. He said, “That might be funny to you mother fucker but it’s not funny to me!” The crowd cheered. Greg Abbott said he won’t pardon low level pot offenders under any circumstances. Beto said he most certainly would. He’s a punk rocker for cripes sake.
Democrats on the Los Angeles City Council are resigning for being caught on tape making hateful, racist comments about other members of the city council and their constituents. They have no allies or defenders. They’re out. Meanwhile, Republicans nationwide are campaigning on their racism.
For 18 months, we’ve had an experienced statesman cleaning up Trump’s mess, putting the country back together, and advancing us forward. No matter what the polls say, or what the media, Republicans and complainers say, Biden’s first two years in office will go down in history as the most successful since Lyndon B. Johnson:
1. Got Covid under control in his first 100 days.
2. Passed the $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill, providing direct payments to people behind on bills, extended unemployment, funded the COVID vaccination program and made available $350 billion for state, tribal and local relief. This was the largest economic recovery plan since Roosevelt.
3. Passed the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, investing in bridges and roads, airports, public transport, broadband, waterways and energy systems. This is the largest infrastructure plan since Eisenhower when states were connected by the interstate freeway system.
4. Largest unemployment drop in US history (unemployment was worse during the end of Trump’s presidency than during the Great Depression).
5. First gun control legislation since Clinton — incentives for states to pass red-flag laws, expanded existing law to keep guns from people convicted of domestic abuse and expanded background checks for people between 18 and 21 trying to buy a gun.
6. Killed top al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
7. Passed largest climate change bill in history — the Inflation Reduction Act. Reduces carbon emissions, reduces the price of prescription drugs and cuts the deficit.
8. Most judges confirmed since Kennedy, with the most women and POCs. Appointed the first African American woman to the Supreme Court.
9. Restored our reputation with NATO, backed expansion to include Finland and Sweden, supported Ukraine in the war against Russia, and got a standing ovation at the last UN general assembly.
10. Forgave federal student loans.
11. Pardoned federal simple marijuana simple possession convictions.
12. Passed the CHIPs and Science Act which boosts US semiconductor production.
13. Passed the PACT Act which expands health care benefits for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits.
Biden took office during the greatest crisis since the Civil War. He promised to keep his focus on the middle class and working people, climate change, righting the parts of government that had been derailed during Trump’s reign, and repairing America’s relationships and reputation around the world. He has made good on these promises and he’s done it with humility, fairness, compassion and decency, no matter what the polls, media, and haters say. He’s a good man. It’s all good.